Director: Francis Lawrence
Actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is an American science-fiction adventure film based on Suzanne Collins’ novel, Catching Fire, the second installment in The Hunger Games trilogy.
Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a “Victor’s Tour” of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) – a competition that could change Panem forever.
- After Gary Ross declined to return to direct the movie, Alfonso Cuarón, David Cronenberg, Bennett Miller, Tomas Alfredson, Cary Fukunaga, Duncan Jones, and Joe Cornish were considered to replace him. In the end, the job was offered to Francis Lawrence.
- Taylor Kitsch, Armie Hammer, Hunter Parrish, Grant Gustin, Joey Graceffa, Luke Mitchell, and Garrett Hedlund were considered for the role of Finnick Odair. The role eventually went to Sam Claflin
- Zoe Aggeliki and Mia Wasikowska were considered for the role of Johanna Mason before Jena Malone was cast.
- Melissa Leo was considered to play Mags.
- Certain Capitol scenes were filmed at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel, one of the hotels where the annual pop culture/ sci-fi convention, Dragon*con, takes place.