Director: Peter Berg
Actors: Alexander Skarsgård, Brooklyn Decker, Rihanna
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Battleship is a 2012 American military science fiction war film loosely inspired by the classic board game. The film was directed by Peter Berg and released by Universal Pictures.
Based on the classic Hasbro naval combat game, Battleship is the story of an international fleet of ships who come across an alien armada while on Naval war games exercise. An intense battle is fought on sea, land, and air. What do the aliens want? Written by an Anonymous.
- Jeremy Renner was cast as Alex Hopper, but dropped out to co-star in The Master, which he also dropped out of.
- The movie is based on the Milton Bradley game “Battleship”, which has been manufactured since 1931. Some of the artillery in the film is shaped like the pegs used in the game. The original paper and pencil version of the game predates World War I.
- Teresa Palmer and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley auditioned for the role of Sam.
- Singer Rihanna’s acting debut.
- The battleship Missouri was the key plot of the movie Under Siege, where it was about to be decommissioned. In Battleship, this boat is set as a museum.
- The clips showing “the world at riot, coming to an Apocalypse” are actual news clips captured during riots in the United Kingdom in 2011.
- While filming the soccer game, an American and a Japanese warship each pulled into a dock near the field. The crews were promptly drafted as extras. They are standing on the prows of their respective ships, cheering and clapping.
- The veterans of the USS Missouri that Alexander Skarsgard’s character mentions are real life vets of the USS Missouri. Some served in WWII.
- In March 2012, Army Colonel Gregory Gadson, who plays Retired Army Lt. Col Mick Canales, became Garrison Commander of Fort Belvoir, just south of Washington D.C.. Col. Gadson is the first bilateral amputee to serve as a Garrison Commander to any post in the United States Army.
- The spectrum analyzer used to get the transmission through is an Anritsu MS2713E Spectrum Master.
- The destroyers in the movie are Arleigh Burke class destroyers. The USS Hopper (DDG-70) is an Arleigh Burke class destroyer named after Rear Admiral “Amazing Grace” Hopper. Its home port is Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- At the beginning of the RIMPAC exercise, Admiral Shane orders the Commanding Officer of USS Ronald Reagan to begin air operations. The Carrier CO who then gives the order to “commence air ops” is played by Ray Mabus, Secretary of the Navy.
- In the JPJ (John Paul Jones) CIC weapons center, when Lt. Hopper is making his speech prior to the war games, the sign on the radar says: “In God We Trust, All Others We Track”.
- The scene in the rehabilitation clinic was actually filmed at the Center for the Intrepid in San Antonio using actual wounded warriors for extras.
Battleship is an awesome Movie. We have selected the 15 best Battleship wallpapers. Download below a high quality Battleship wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your PC or Mobile desktop.