A TV failure is always an unpleasant incident. Firstly, you can skip the latest episode of your favorite series, and secondly, unnecessary worries appear: you need to look for a repair service for equipment or take on the repair yourself. Both take time and expense, and a good result is not guaranteed. The TV itself may have to be replaced. But many failures can be diagnosed at the first sign – consider typical problems and the “symptoms” of their manifestation.
- In the first place in terms of popularity are “external” breakdowns, which are easy to fix on their own: the remote control does not respond – it is corny that the batteries are dead or the button contacts are dirty; the TV is very hot – perhaps the radiators of the cooling system are dusty; the antenna is broken – it is worth checking the cable connection. If problems arise with technology, the first step is to exclude such problems.
- The device does not turn on or periodically turns off spontaneously. The problem is in the power supply: it could be damaged or simply burned out during a power surge. Despite the run-up of the permissible voltage from 90 to 240 V, this is one of the main reasons for the failure of modern TVs. A complete diagnostics of the device is needed in order to accurately determine the cause and extent of the damage.
- No sound. Several assumptions: the settings of the TV itself are knocked down; built-in speakers are faulty – it is worth checking the elements, as well as their contacts; the system board is damaged – the microcircuits could be damaged due to water ingress or voltage surges. It is not recommended to unwind the structure on your own: it is easy to damage the parts.
- The technique “hangs” during function settings, channels are not saved, USB connectors do not work. Good cause for concern – motherboard malfunctioning. This is the “brain” of the device, a high-tech processor with a high density of microcircuits, therefore, in this case, electronics repair at the factory is required – the manufacturer will replace the entire element. It will be lucky if the problem is fixed under warranty – buying a new board would be expensive otherwise.
- A whole block of image problems signals matrix damage: interference on the screen, the appearance of vertical and horizontal stripes, display blinking, the disappearance of one of the colors, the absence of a picture. A common cause is mechanical damage due to shock or liquid ingress, as well as failure of the matrix backlight. The breakdown is serious – and you cannot cope with it yourself: in 90% of cases, failed elements cannot be repaired, and replacement will cost the purchase price of a new TV.
So, the basic rule of TV repair is not to self-medicate. If you are not confident in your abilities, contact the master. The authorized service center “Rbteh” performs maintenance and professional repair of equipment of popular brands (HP, Philips, Canon, Samsung, Rowenta, etc.) in Moscow. Branded repair kits, low prices, walking distance of services from metro stations – contact us!