The organization of home television involves the connection and pre-configuration of all related equipment. These tasks can be solved by both company employees and users themselves. The second option turns out to be simple and affordable after studying the basic rules of how to connect the Tricolor set-top box to the TV.
What is Tricolor TV?
Tricolor TV is a multi-platform digital media operator that is a leading provider of satellite TV in Russia. The client of the company gets full access to a huge number of TV channels in excellent quality. In this case, complex equipment is used in the form of a receiver, which requires preliminary adjustment.
What’s in the Tricolor kit?
The specific configuration depends on the selected connection package and the user’s wishes. The standard includes a set of equipment for organizing communication with the satellite, receiving a signal, and decoding it.
This includes the following components:
- Satellite antenna
- Antenna mounting bracket
- Access card
In most cases, this equipment is sufficient to organize a stable connection to satellite channels.
How to connect a Tricolor TV receiver to a TV?
Signal transmission from the receiver to the TV is possible only if the connection is correct. This connection provides for connecting devices using SCART – SCART, RCA – RCA (tulip – tulip), or HDMI – HDMI cables. Next, you will need to select the desired type of input signal on the TV using the Source button on the remote control. As a result, an image or the inscription “No signal” should appear on the screen.
What equipment is needed?
To connect a TV to a TV, the user will definitely need the following equipment:
- Satellite dish Tricolor
- Set of mounts
- Connecting wires
- Receiver or receiver for signal conversion
- TV with support for satellite TV broadcasts
The devices are connected to each other using wires. You will also need power cables for all electrical equipment.
Most of the time, the cables you need come with the basic kit, so you don’t need to purchase anything extra.
Sometimes it is not clear how to properly connect the Tricolor receiver to the TV if it does not have the necessary connectors for connection. Here you will need to find the appropriate cable or adapter.
Connection involves several basic steps, which include preparing the equipment and setting it up for subsequent work.
Correctly mount the dish and antenna
It is important to set the cymbal correctly, since the quality and stability of the signal depends to a greater extent on this. The process of installing a satellite dish must necessarily obey some rules.
Cymbal Assembly Tools
Installing a satellite dish for television is not much different from ordinary housework. This is where users may need standard tools:
- A set of screwdrivers for working with screws
- Set of wrenches
- A knife for stripping the wiring
- Insulating materials
The best place on the wall for a plate
When choosing an antenna installation site, it is recommended to follow these guidelines:
- The antenna should always be set to the south, otherwise, the signal will be unstable.
- It is advisable to mount the plate as far as possible from the windows (outside the balcony). This approach will help minimize interference from glass or other obstructions.
- If there is an obstacle in the signal path (house, trees, etc.), it is better to choose a different location.
- The dish is located as close as possible to the signal receiver. It is desirable outside the window of the room in which the receiver is located.
- It is better to take care in advance that the plate is not heavily exposed to precipitation. For this, the system can be equipped with a special visor.
How to adjust the Tricolor plate yourself?
The process of installing a satellite dish involves performing the following actions:
- The bracket is fixed to the wall using the appropriate hooks or bolts.
- Plugs are mounted in the necessary places.
- The support is attached to the arc.
- The antenna mirror is connected to the structure, which makes it possible to obtain a full swing arm.
- The bracket connects to the antenna.
- LNB holders must be attached to the antenna, which is required for mounting the converter. The connector must be at the bottom to reduce the risk of moisture ingress.
- The cable is connected to the converter via the F-connector.
- The antenna is mounted on a bracket. Do not tighten the fasteners too much at this stage, as you will still need to rotate the dish to find the strongest signal.
The adjustment is carried out after assembling the system and connecting it to the TV. The antenna turns at different angles, and at this time changes in the stability of the TV, signal is recorded. Once the best position is found, the antenna can be fixed.
Setting up the receiver
Setting up the receiver includes sequential execution of the following instructions:
- The cable from the antenna is connected to the corresponding connector on the receiver.
- The smart card purchased with the kit is inserted into the receiver.
- Connect the Tricolor set-top box or receiver to the TV using tulip connectors or via HDMI. If the connection is successful, Boot will appear on the TV screen.
- Now you need to select the region of use of the dish and the interface language.
- When adjusting the dish, the indicators opposite the receive signal should change. Here you need to achieve values of 70%. This signal level will be quite enough for comfortable viewing of TV programs.
Registration in Tricolor TV
In practice, proper antenna installation and receiver settings may not be enough to gain access to all satellite TV functions. Additionally, you will need to register the receiver in use in the system.
Receiver registration instructions:
- Check the efficiency of the information channel.
- Choose one of the proposed registration methods: online through the company’s website or by phone. In both cases, you will additionally need to sign a special contract and send it to the company. You can download the contract form on the official website of the service provider.
- Pay a subscription fee.
- Start the TV channel search procedure on the receiver.
The result of these operations will be the appearance on the TV of the required number of channels, the set of which depends on the smart card used and the service package purchased.
What to do if there is no picture?
Sometimes users are faced with a problem in which even the correct setup and registration of the receiver does not allow access to TV channels. In this case, you should immediately carefully check all cables and connections. Any damage will affect the transmission of the signal.
Next, it is worth checking the signal level when adjusting the antenna. You can try to repeat the dish position adjustment procedure.
Access to the channels will not be provided if the user has not paid the subscription fee. It is worth making sure that the funds are transferred to the company’s account, and in case of problems, contact the support staff.
If none of the described methods helped, it is recommended to call the company’s specialists who will come and perform all the necessary procedures.
How to connect Tricolor to 2 TVs?
Since modern apartments often have more than one TV, users try to spread the signal from the set-top box to several devices. The easiest way to achieve what you want is to connect a cable from two TVs to the receiver. However, both devices will always show the same channel.
A special receiver purchased from a service provider will help to get rid of such inconveniences. You can also use the “Multiroom” service, which allows you to distribute the signal from the satellite dish to several rooms. You can activate the service in the online service or by phone.
The connection diagram in this case is not much different from setting up television for one TV. It is necessary to connect all equipment to the same network, connecting TVs in series to the two-channel receiver. In this case, the signal is configured on each device separately.
How to connect a combined Tricolor TV system and terrestrial digital channels?
When there are several TVs in the house, one of the devices is always used much more often than the others. In this case, it will be more profitable to organize a combined system, in which the main unit will have full access to a variety of paid channels, while the rest of the TVs are equipped with a standard set of thirty free TV channels. Since the most popular TV channels are part of the connected multiplexes, there should be no problems.
The described approach helps to save a significant part of the monthly subscription fees, since there is no need to pay for standard multiplexes.
The process of organizing such a system includes the installation of a special switchgear from which the cables will go to the TVs in the house.
To get access to pay TV channels on the main TV, you need to install a receiver with an appropriate smart card.
How to connect TV from Tricolor without a satellite receiver?
Some TVs can connect to the Tricolor TV system on their own without a receiver. To receive the signal, connect the dish directly to the F-connector, which is located next to the analog antenna jack.
With this method of connection, space next to the TV is saved, and the number of wires is significantly reduced. Viewing control is carried out using the TV remote control.
But under normal conditions, only a set of free channels can be received in this way. To get full access to all possible content, you will need to purchase a smart card and a module to read it.
The module with the card is connected to the built-in digital TV tuner. After that, the dish cable is inserted and the TV channel search mode starts. If an official card is used, the device will easily find all the channels of interest and open access to them.
Features of old and new receiver models
The Tricolor operator is widespread and offers users many different receivers, both old and new lines. Moreover, the choice of a new model is not always justified. This is due to the fact that the time interval between the release of different generations of devices is very small, and the differences in functionality and interface can be significant.
Older models often have an antenna output and a SCART connector. In modern ones, only HDMI is very often installed. This approach, although it reduces the size of the device, is not suitable for all users. Some TVs are more convenient to connect through the old connectors.
All versions of the set-top boxes do not require any complex configuration, but in terms of connections and use of adapters, difficulties may arise. Therefore, it is worthwhile to study the parameters of the TV used in advance, and then select a suitable set-top box for it according to the connection method and signal transmission speed.